Thursday, January 26, 2012

[jules' pics] I saw three ships

3 ships sailing by
It seems that every New Year's Day, just after dawn, three yachts launch and go sailing by at Kamakura beach. It is a curious thing. Not a very up to the minute picktur, but I tend to build up a backlog of pictures I like that I haven't got around to blogging. Meanwhile, last weekend was the Wimmin's Conference. I took lots of photos, and they'll go online, but visible only to the other Wimmin. What happens at Wimmin's Conference stays at Wimmin's Conference... ;-)

--
Posted By Blogger to jules' pics at 1/26/2012 01:19:00 PM

9 comments:

David B. Benson said...

Sorry, but those are neither ships nor yachts, just sailboards.

Rattus Norvegicus said...

Dinghys dude, dinghys. Can't tell the class, but they are similar to the Laser judging from the rig and size. And as far as sailors are concerned, when racing, they are yachts.

David B. Benson said...

Over here are the left coast thore are not dinghies, just sailboards:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dinghy

jules said...

Oh for goodness sake - pedants!

Harry said...

They aren't sailboards, sailboards are like a surfboard with a sail. These have a proper hull, even if it is very low. Very similar to a Laser, but that sail logo is wrong. Maybe they are just Lasers with a no standard sail.

James Annan said...

Yes, they are definitely dinghies, at least that is what I would call them (other than the generic "boat").

David B. Benson said...

I need new spectacles.

Indeed some hull class similar to Lasars. Ok, jules, not ships but when racing, yachts.

And around here never called dinghies; boat will do I suppose.

jules said...

My previous post was definitely of a pink bicycle. So there.

David B. Benson said...

Even I agree that it was a pink bicycle.