Thursday, July 15, 2010

[jules' pics] 7/14/2010 08:51:00 PM


Shinjuku station, originally uploaded by julesberry2001.

Shinjuku station, considered the busiest in the world, is much much more exciting than Yokohama station. The most exciting thing about it is getting lost. Even if you think you know what you are doing, attempting to cross from one side to the other without going through a ticket barrier can be a disorientating and distressing experience, although the sense of achievement upon arrival at the intended destination before closing time makes it worth the agony. This photo was taken near the barriers to one of the private lines. People were walking unusually fast. Probably they were trying to look as if they knew where they were going.



--
Posted By jules to jules' pics at 7/14/2010 08:51:00 PM

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was at Shinjuku on Feb this year I took bus to go to Takayama. But I left my luggage at locker there. Yeah its true to go to the other side my Japanese friend wasn't sure about the way there. Everybody walk so fast there except me

David B. Benson said...

The one time I was there was on a Sunday in August; hardly anybody there.

Fortunately a Japanses saleryman who spoke English was there to tell me about the Sunday color change of the trains.

No, I was there another time to catch the bullet train to Hiroshima. But that was easy, just up to the ticket widnow and right inside.

crf said...

when I don't have adblockplus enabled on this blog, it is now redirecting me to b.scorecardresearch.com

James Annan said...

Hm...is that really a problem with the page, or something more generic? I don't know what I can do to help...it means nothing to me.